Welcome to Zeehan Primary School
Zeehan Primary School is situated in the mining town of Zeehan on Tasmania's west coast, 150 kilometres from Burnie. The school was established in 1891 and in the town's glory days of mining Zeehan Primary School catered for over 300 students, but now with a town population of approximately 750 we have a student population of only about 65 Kindergarten to Year 6 students plus 25 0-4 children in the Launching into Learning (Tuesdays). Our Kindergarten to Year 6 students are spread between 3 classes. Our focus at Zeehan is to cater for all the needs of each of our students. The school is guided by the Learners First Framework and embraces the government's priority areas. We have a dedicated staff making a difference to the learning of the students at Zeehan Primary School.
For further information regarding Zeehan Primary School please contact the Principal or Office.
Principal: Mr Josh Dean
School Business Manager: Mrs. Ruth Mawer
Office opening times:
- 8:30am – 11:45am, 12:30 – 4pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
- 8:30am – 11:45am, 12:30pm – 3:30pm Friday
- 8:30am (teachers in class) 9:00am Morning classes begin
- 10:45am – 11am Recess time
- 11:00am -12:30pm Session 2 Classes
- 12:30pm – 1:15pm Lunch break/play break
- 1:15pm – 2:45pm Afternoon classes
Kindergarten - Monday, Wednesday & Friday (normal student timetable)
- Pre Kinder (must turn age 4 in 2021) Tuesday 9am – 10am
- Launching into Learning for ages Birth – 4yrs Tuesday 10:30am – 12 midday.
- 8:30am – 8:50am Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays only.
Department of Education policies
To find policy information on a range of topics, visit the Department of Education policy library.